ESN Uni Turku events and trips general terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern the events and trips provided by ESN UNI Turku (“ESN UTU”, “we”, “us”, “our”) to the students participating in these events and trips (“you”, “your”).
By buying admission or ticket, or otherwise participating in an event or trip, you signify your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not participate in the events or trips.
“Agreement” means the agreement between ESN UTU and you concerning the events and trips organized by ESN UTU, which include these Terms as well as other policies related to the events or trips made available by ESN UTU.
“Student” means a higher education student enrolled in a higher education institution in Turku.
“Exchange student” means an exchange student enrolled in a higher education institution in Turku.
- ESN UTU is a student led organization which has its main goal in organizing events and trips to exchange students of University of Turku, Turku University of Applied Sciences or other higher education institution in Turku.
- ESN UTU is a non-profit organization registered in the Finnish organization registry (yYhdistysrekisteri) maintained by the Finnish Patent and Registration Office.
- ESN UTU belongs to the University of Turku student body (Ylioppilaskunta) and follows the rules and guidelines set by the student government.
- In all its activity, ESN UTU strives to maintain open and welcoming spaces and treat all students equally according to their ability.
- ESN UTU is run by volunteers who do not get paid for their work or contributions. Nor is the board of ESN UTU compensated for their board work.
Providing events and trips
- ESN UTU provides its events and trips to students and exchange students as outlined in this Agreement.
- ESN UTU has the right to make alterations and changes to the content, duration and schedule of the trips insofar it is reasonable.
- ESN UTU retains the right to make any changes to these Terms as well as other policies and rules. We shall aim to inform you of such changes insofar as they make material changes to how events or trips, which you have already paid for, are handled.
- ESN UTU has the right to remove, ban or otherwise restrict a student from participating its trips and events if ESN UTU has deemed they have become harmful to the event or other students.
- ESN UTU has a right to cancel any and all events and trips. If those trips and events have been already paid by some students, ESN UTU will strive to return those payments insofar it is possible.
- You are obliged to:
- Provide proper and accurate information in dealing with ESN UTU;
- Follow the additional rules, guidelines and policies provided by ESN UTU concerning the event or trip;
- perform any actions that could damage, disable, disrupt, overburden or impair the event or trip or its underlying services or providers.
Prices and payment
- ESN UTU offers events and trips both for free and in exchange of a fee. ESN UTU aims to clearly determine the prices for events and trips in advance and to communicate that to you.
- Unless otherwise communicated by ESN UTU, the prices and fees for events and trips are paid before or at the event.
- If there is a problem or error in your payment, ESN UTU can bar you from participating until the payment is made without error.
Privacy and data protection
- We process your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”) and other applicable national regulations.
- ESN UTU retains the right to generate, collect and use anonymous information, statistics, and other data from events and trips. We may process and use such aggregate data freely provided that applicable privacy, data protection and trade secret laws are respected.
Warranties and liability
- ESN UTU provides the events and trips as they are and as provided. We make no warranty of any kind, either implied or expressed on the specific content, other than that specifically paid for, of the event or trip.
- ESN UTU is not responsible for damages, potential or actual, resulting from the event or trip.
- ESN UTU is not responsible for the fault or negligence of its volunteers organizing the event or trip. Should the actions or negligence of a volunteer result in damage, ESN UTU shall negotiate with the volunteer on the potential compensation.
- You are responsible for any and all harm, damage or other claims which result from your activity during the event or trip.
Should ESN, for any reason, be forced to pay damages or other compensation that is caused by you or otherwise your fault, ESN UTU can transfer or claim the compensation from you.
- All right, title and other intellectual property rights to an relating to the events and trips, as well as any related documentation and any copies, modifications, translations, amendments, and derivates thereof belong to ESN UTU or our licensors
- Intellectual property rights shall be understood in the broadest sense, including but not limited to any copyright, patent, trademark, design right, database protection right, and any other form of statutory protection of any kind and applications for any of the foregoing.
- This Agreement remains in force until further notice or until the event or trip is fulfilled.
- The validity of obligations outlined in sections concerning warranties, applicable law and any other clauses that by their nature are intended to survive the termination or expiry of the Agreement shall not be affected by the expiry or termination of the Agreement.
- This Agreement shall in all respects be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Finland.
- Should the student be dissatisfied with the event or trip organized by ESN UTU they are free to make a claim towards ESN UTU who will try to settle the issue amicably. Nothing in this section or Agreement shall be understood as limiting your rights arising from mandatory consumer protection regulations which cannot be waived by an agreement.